Integrated Counselling Skills
This training has been designed by Elaine Caswell and is delivered in collaboration with Long Valley Training. It acts as an entry point into the world of Counselling skills and theory and is suitable for all; no prior experience is necessary. The course provides a gentle introduction to key skills and basic theory and it is a requirement for those wanting to progress onto our more advanced training.
The programme integrates what would normally be two separate courses (level 2 and 3) and delivers it in a single, level 3 equivalent package. This reduces repetition and lowers the overall tuition fees making it more accessible.
*Late applicants accepted*
Want to ‘test the water’?
We offer an early exit award that is equivalent to a level 2 and so if you decide that the training doesn’t feel right, you can end in December, you would pay a significantly lower fee and still receive recognition for your efforts. However, if you end early, you will not be able to enrol on the core training diploma.
Important: This is entry-level training and is not a route to PSA registration. In order to be considered ‘qualified’, you must complete the Advanced Diploma in Counselling or its equivalent.
What to Expect
The taught element of this programme is delivered over a single academic year, and it is written at a level 3 equivalent. As the entry point for Counsellor training, it provides an excellent opportunity to get a feel for the profession incorporating a mix of theory, personal development and listening skills practice.
Whether you intend to continue on to the qualifying diploma level course, or simply want to expand your resume with some highly transferable skills, this programme is the perfect place to be.
- The programme consists of 144 taught hours, delivered over 36 weeks (90% minimum attendance requirement)
- 40 hours of self directed study (reading, journals and assignment writing)
- Small, intimate groups of between 6 – 8 students
- The minimum age is eighteen, however, our recommendation is that you are at least twenty four. This is to ensure that you have opportunities for progression, and should you choose to continue training, you will have an easier time securing a placement; if you would like to have a chat about this, feel free to get in touch.
Subject Areas Covered
How your are Assessed
As with all of our training programmes, we use a number of different assessment methods, selecting the best format depending on the unit being taught; on this programme, you can expect:
Early exit (one term only): £390
Full course (three terms): £1,795 including all tuition and assessment fees
Note: A non-refundable deposit of £179.50 is required to secure your place.
A payment plan is available on request
Available intake dates/times
September 2023 intake:
VENUE 1: Sandgate High Street, Sandgate– Running on Saturdays between 09:00 – 13:00 (term time only)
VENUE 2: London Road, Deal – NO LONGER TAKING APPLICANT FOR SEP 2023
Being our introductory course, there aren’t a huge number of costs to consider, however, we would encourage to to factor in:
Reading material costs
Travel related costs
Successful completion of this programme will allow you to apply* for the following training opportunities:
* Entry to the Adv. Diploma is subject to successful completion of the introductory training (or its equivalent) in addition to a suitability interview